EAI InterSol 2023 will be held as an on-site conference and if needed, Accepted Authors who are unable to attend the event in person will be given an option to present remotely.
Interdisciplinary Solutions (InterSol) is an international conference dedicated to the advancement of interdisciplinary research that addresses needs in s ‘underserved areas’. Working in Africa, InterSol’s central objectives are to: establish an interdisciplinary research and development community, encourage education in Africa and around the world, and incentivize members of the community to start trans-/interdisciplinary research projects with real-world decision-making impact. Towards this end, during annual conferences, InterSol holds a special roundtable session during which participants discuss opportunities for collaborative research agendas to take forward.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
We welcome contributions from the following fields:
- Building disaster resilience to extreme events: translating the local to global
- Land use transitions and spatial modeling
- Scenarios, complex systems thinking, and muti-criteria decision analysis
- Human health and pollution in the total environment
- Nature-based and ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change
- Ecological infrastructure, green and blue spaces and ecosystem services
- Environmental justice and the role of civil society making resilience equitable
- Balancing development and conservation agendas
- The role of Artificial Intelligence in solving Africa’s grand challenges
- Challenges and opportunities to curving career attrition of African women in STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics)
- Environmental migration, gender and the food-water-energy nexus
- Innovations in adapting to water scarcity and abundance
- CT and innovative connectivity as enabler for sustainable development
- Peace Engineering and Technology Infrastructure
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science, Compendex, Scopus, DBLP, EU Digital Library, IO-Port, MatchSciNet, Inspec and Zentralblatt MATH.
Additional publication opportunities:
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Energy Web (Open Access) – indexed in Scopus
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
(titles in this series are indexed in Ei Compendex, Web of Science & Scopus)
- Regular papers should be up to 12-15+ pages in length.
- Short papers should be 6-11 pages in length.
All conference papers undergo a thorough peer review process prior to the final decision and publication. This process is facilitated by experts in the Technical Program Committee during a dedicated conference period. Standard peer review is enhanced by EAI Community Review which allows EAI members to bid to review specific papers. All review assignments are ultimately decided by the responsible Technical Program Committee Members while the Technical Program Committee Chair is responsible for the final acceptance selection. You can learn more about Community Review here.