EAI INTERSOL 2022 will be held as an on-site conference and if needed, Accepted Authors who are unable to attend the event in person will be given an option to present remotely.
Massive developmental challenges continue to unsettle the content of Africa. These challenges range from issues affecting housing, energy, transportation, water and sanitation and ICT infrastructures, poverty reduction, peace and stability, food security, environmental sustainability, and climate change, education, health and social wellbeing, equal opportunity for all irrespective of gender, racial, religious, and tribal background, natural resource management, good governance, and strong democratic institutions.
These problems are many, complex, and interconnected. Their solutions require thinkers who are qualified and capable of thinking across fields and disciplines from all over our vast continent. Like in the story of the elephant and the seven blind men, interdisciplinary approaches engender a wholesomeness that helps to integrate information, experiential learning, research skills, and method of inquiry to solve problems. It was with this overarching focus that the International Conference on innovation and interdisciplinary Solutions for underserved Areas (InterSol) conferences were birthed to among other things:
(1) encourage innovative interdisciplinary research, development, and education that focus on solving problems in underserved areas in Africa and beyond
(2) create an international research and development community around “interdisciplinary solutions,” which meets annually, publishes in international fora, and incentivizes members of the community to initiate interdisciplinary research projects that address needs.
Previous editions of this conference were held in Dakar Senegal 2017, Kigali Rwanda 2018, Cairo Egypt 2019, and Nairobi Kenya (virtual) 2020/21. The 5th EAI International Conference on Innovation and Interdisciplinary Solutions for Underserved Areas (InterSol 2022) is scheduled to hold at Nile University of Nigeria Abuja Nigeria from 21st to 23rd April 2022.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
This year’s conference like that of last year will focus on the following thematic areas:
- Building disaster resilience to extreme events: translating the local to global
- Land use transitions and spatial modeling
- Scenarios, complex systems thinking, and muti-criteria decision analysis
- Human health and pollution in the total environment
- Nature-based and ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change
- Ecological infrastructure, green and blue spaces, and ecosystem services
- Environmental justice and role of civil society making resilience equitable
- Balancing development and conservation agendas
- The role of Artificial Intelligence in solving Africa’s grand challenges
- Challenges and opportunities to curving career attrition of African women in STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics)
- Environmental migration, gender, and the food-water-energy nexus
- Innovations in adapting to water scarcity and abundance
- ICT and innovative connectivity as an enabler for sustainable development
- Peace Engineering and Technology Infrastructure
We invite scholars and practitioners in academia, industries, governmental and non-governmental organizations to submit original unpublished papers covering these themes for presentation and publication consideration into our conference and book of proceedings, respectively. The submitted manuscript will be subjected to a high-level peer-reviewed process by a team of international experts.
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library: INTERSOL Conference Proceedings.
INTERSOL proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science, EI Engineering Index (Compendex and Inspec databases), DBLP, EU Digital Library, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Scopus, Zentralblatt MATH.
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Energy Web (Open Access) – indexed in Scopus
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
(titles in this series are indexed in Ei Compendex, Web of Science & Scopus)
All conference papers undergo a thorough peer review process prior to the final decision and publication. This process is facilitated by experts in the Technical Program Committee during a dedicated conference period. Standard peer review is enhanced by EAI Community Review which allows EAI members to bid to review specific papers. All review assignments are ultimately decided by the responsible Technical Program Committee Members while the Technical Program Committee Chair is responsible for the final acceptance selection. You can learn more about Community Review here.